Saturday, January 19, 2008

Advertising Credibility

Today I was surfing through some traffic exchanges on the Internet. There are a number of reasons for this exercise but the 2 most important ones here are to see what is new that is being offered and studying how others do their copy writing, You can learn a lot from this exercise and this is just one of the many things that we have learned through our training in Digital Gold.

Today I realized I was clicking on small text ads and landing on a sales pitch page that had absolutely no relationship to what I had just read in the text ad. Now to make certain that perhaps I had not just lost my mind I rechecked the text ads and sure enough I was still sane.

Now seriously, would you purchase their product, join their program or even sign up for a free report or whatever from these ads. I hope not, and I certainly would not being doing it either because that person/company has no credibility with me.

Credibility means that they have earned my trust through their honesty and consistency of product and delivery. Putting out a bait and switch ad is not honest and certainly does not lend to their credibility what so ever. Digital Gold training has taught us to write credible ads through targeted words and rich content that will attract attention.

Well that is my musings for the day.

Sharon Doucet

No comments: